REACH is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for persons with developmental disabilities in the Tri-Valley. Our mission is to provide resources, education, activities, community participation and housing opportunities that will enable adults with developmental challenges to live full and independent lives.
REACH for Special Adults of the Tri-Valley is a non profit 501(c)3 organization. Tax ID #94-3158507.
What we Hope To Do In The Future
Roughly 3% (or 1,000+) citizens in the Tri-Valley are adults with developmental challenges and they need a voice to ensure their currently under-supported needs are met. Our goals are to:
- Acquire new property to meet the needs of the Tri-Valley population who we serve
- Develop a network to provide families with appropriate resources, information and support for their specific situation such as legal services, job opportunities and housing
- Increase social opportunities, bringing significantly more joy to the lives of the developmentally challenged of the Tri-Valley
REACH for Special Adults of the Tri-Valley is a marriage of HOUSE, Inc. and Tri-Valley Special Needs Fund.
HOUSE, Inc. was established in 1990 by a group of concerned family members of developmentally disabled who wanted their loved ones to be able to live locally. The groups' goal was to provide safe, quality living environments where our residents learned self efficiency and lived with dignity and respect.
TRI-VALLEY SPECIAL NEEDS was launched several years ago to provide a holistic approach to address nutrition, fitness, social and educational opportunities for this same community.
- Golf tourney to benefit REACH and housing for special needs adults - Pleasanton Weekly Article, September 2011
- REACH Open House held on March 10, 2011
- BB&T Tanner Insurance Services of California chose TRI-Valley REACH to be the beneficiary of a $6,000 award
- Lloyd Hansen Presentation
- Disabled Adults Like Living On Their Own - The Independent News (May 2008)
- Golf Tournament Raises Funds to Benefit Developmentally Disabled Adults, page 12 - The Independent News (Aug 2008)
- Everyone can party on the high seas - Arts & Entertainment - Friday, March 30, 2007
If you are interested in a volunteer position working with the community we support here in the Tri-Valley, please complete this application and mail to:
P.O. Box 5564
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Download Volunteer Application Form